Friday, March 21, 2014

Not Enough Time in the world......

I don't think that I have reached the SABLE level of stash (I am not posting pics of my stash because my spousal unit does periodically read this blog..... and no, he doesn't say much, just as I don't say much when he goes out to spend money on his hobby.... our agreement is that whatever one spends, the other gets to spend the same dollar amount)..... but I have that crappy affliction known as carpal tunnel syndrome (which is "not bad enough" for surgery, but it does impair my knitting/crocheting/sewing ability and we won't talk about writing) and not enough time to work on anything without my hands giving out on me.....

That said.... I have SOME yarn..... yarn which I don't have enough of that color or it's the wrong color or thickness, or made out of the wrong fiber (or not fiber at all.... some left over from the very limited budget stage) or after working with it a little (nope, not that dreaded s word.... swatching.... I don't do swatches, ever) decide that I would rather try to bathe a wild mountain lion than subject my hands to the material or I'd rather knit with all black yarn, in the car, at night.... with only the lights from the dash for light (naturally the spouse is driving.... I'm even contemplating letting my 15 year old get his permit in a few months to increase my knitting time.... he gets his practice hours in, and once I am comfortable with his driving ability I can pull out my knitting.... all my kids know that my level of comfort with their driving ability is directly related to the project I work on while sitting in the passenger seat while they drive) than work with this color way....

All of this leads to the issue of I either need to move into a larger house as the stash (between yarn and fabric) have taken over my closet and a couple of other spaces (the basement is off limits for any sort of storage as it's not dry) or I have to de-stash.... I'm not giving up on the moving into a larger house as I am one of those "crazy coupon ladies" and need to have a room for the stockpile (such as it is... it's rather difficult to stockpile when one has two teenage boys in the house that will eat anything... and I do mean ANYTHING.... LOL!)....

So if you 1. have any coupons that you don't want and want to mail/drop them off to me, drop me a line if you're local.... and 2.... if you attend knit night this upcoming Thursday that I go to in my town.... there's a REALLY good chance that there will be some yarn up for grabs....

As for projects, I am still plugging away at the socks and baby hat... and have pulled a baby sweater out of hibernation (pics tomorrow when the lighting is better)...  I am trying to get a head start on my holiday knitting and am starting to hit the procrastination point now that spring is officially in the air.... time to go buy a new flag pole and hang out my Joe Cool flag.....