Friday, August 13, 2010

Sometimes the anticipation is better than the finished product

Which is why I've decided I am totally a process knitter.... as soon as I get a good ways into a project I start thinking of other ones I would like to get going... Today I answered the question of "What to do with 12 skeins of LionBrand Stripes sock yarn" when I completed this monstrosity:

It only took a few months, but I also only worked on it on days when his attitude was in check and he wasn't irritating the crud out of me. If he's this bad now, I partially dread the teen years (however, we're also down to 5 1/2 years before he's 18 and graduating high school). Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. I just don't love their attitude and sarcasm.


Anyhow, I wasn't a fan of this blanket when I was working on it... It's extremely heavy and hard on the hands, not to mention the dizzying effect that the color combos have when holding two strands together and trying to prevent the same colors from matching up too often..  The blanket took approximately 11 1/2 to 11 3/4 skeins held double. I have a small ball of it left (enough to go around the blanket halfway and that's it... LionBrand discontinued the yarn a couple of years ago) and to be honest, I would not have picked up this yarn if I were paying full price instead of finding an insane amount of it (all the same dye lot) at the dollar store.


I don't anticipate being done yet with WIP's for the night.... I'm down to the toe decreases on the second incarnation of the clover socks...  Maybe I'll name them "Jason" for the killer in the "Friday the 13th" movies.... It is what's on tv right now anyway (the 9th one....) and it is Friday the 13th....