Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Too hot to knit????

I never thought I'd be saying this but the knitting fates are finally forcing me too...

It's too flipping hot to knit.  My fingers are so swollen that I can't menuver my size 2 dpns (yes, I do own more needles in different sizes, but I have no desire to be under a worsted weight blanket or trying to knit with thicker yarn when it's 99 degrees outside and still 75 inside...) without my ribbing looking like crap.

So I've resorted to surfing the net trying to find patterns that would allow me to use up my odds and ends of sock yarn (yes, the pic is of the bits I have, at most I have about 1/2 a ball of each colorway).... I'm not sure if I want to knit THE blankie using the scraps as I have both cats and kids... not only will I not have enough odds and ends of sock yarn (although I'll GLADLY take donations should anyone be so inclined LOL!)  but I worry that I won't be able to pop it in my washing machine (which does in fact have a "handwash" setting). 

Hopefully the weather will break soon.... I think I'll head out to the craft store after it gets dark (and hopefully cooler... (it's still 90 degrees at 6:30 in the evening in my neck of the woods!) and see about picking up some more yarn....