Thursday, July 22, 2010

I've come to the decision...

That I have too many projects in progress. I decided to NOT buy anymore yarn until I'd made a serious dent in my stash... that worked.... kind of..... I bought 6 more balls yesterday (4 of them for socks, 2 of them to make a booga bag) and decided that I simply don't have enough yarn in my stash to go and make any kind of project without having to combine a bunch of them.... and I'll use up what's in my stash.... mostly..... probably..... at some point in time :)  Right now I'm trying to sell my dh on me taking up spinning..... he's thinking that I'll end up SAVING money on yarn in the long run..... I don't have the heart to tell him how much it is for start up costs.....

But back to the booga bag and my projects in progress. I realize that the booga bag calls for Noro yarn.... however, after spending a day trying to find some at a LYS (keep in mind local for me = an hour or more away.... downside of living in the middle of nowhere) and not finding any, I decided to use some Paton's classic wool..... which I found on clearance at Joann's. I see it this way.... if this first foray into intentional felting doesn't work out, I'm only out about 4 bucks instead of the $30 the Noro would have cost me..... if it works out well, then I'll see about ordering some Noro online.

Tonight is knit night and I'll be taking a bunch of my WIP's with me..... one son's blanket (crochet, blasphemy to some die hard knitters out there I know.... but I had NO desire to make a full size blanket with some Lion Brand Magic Stripes yarn that I found at the dollar store if I'd have had to knit it!), a preemie blanket i've started for the North Eastern Oddball charity group, a pair of socks, a baby sweater for my new nephew (yes he's already been born, however, given he lives in Maine I'm making this in a 6 month size so he has at least one warm handknit thing this fall... I found some cute little ducky buttons at Joann's yesterday for it too LOL!), and a knitted square (it's measuring about 8 1/2 inches wide.... not much farther to go on the length!) that I'm using to brush up on my Intarsia before getting into any fair isle work.

My knitting que keeps getting longer instead of shorter.... I hope I live to 150 just to be able to tackle half of it!