Friday, June 18, 2010

BUSTED!

Yeah, she's in deep doody.... That blue thread you see on her paw is the tail from the cast on edge of what my son has named "The Joker Socks".

No, she didn't hurt the sock at all (despite getting her claw caught on one of the stitches) but she DID try to steal it!!! I don't know what's gotten into her, but she's being a brat today... she's normally the one who lays beside me and sleeps while I knit, this morning it's like she's been posessed.



Anyway, here are the Joker socks. I'm using the Yarn Harlot's basic sock pattern (yet again). As for why they're called Joker socks.... the colors are a forest green, spring green, olive green, navy blue, sky blue and one that's somewhere between gold and tan.... all of which seem to remind my 12 year old of the Joker from the Batman the Animated Series...  Yes the stripes do match up exactly and I only had to trim the second ball down by about 12" to obtain that (I love companies who adhere to dye lots!). Now on to the heel flap and I'm hoping to have them done by next Thursday when I go back to the knitting group I found last night at the library!